Ladies and gents, let’s be ultra grateful that we now have safe mascara that is usually comprised of pigmentation, oils and wax. Ingredients vary from brand to brand, but these three ingredients are the standard base. And in order to celebrate this beautiful invention that women had to strain over, we’ve compiled a list of our absolute faves! If you want sumptuous lashes then check out our list of amazing mascaras below:
1.1. They’re Real
They’re Real mascara does a great job to separate, volumize and hold a curl. And in terms of length, boy do your lashes extend. It does apply very thickly, so if you have an issue with taking time to remove makeup this may not be right for you.
1.2. Bobbi Brown
If you love that even spread of mascara across the lashes then Bobbi Brown may be right for you. Talk about steadfast longevity. This mascara is totally waterproof and perseveres on those lashes all day! Just a minor word of caution, it has been reported to smudge, so if you tend to rub your eyes be ultra careful!
1.3. Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara
The brush on this Colossal Volume Express is on point. It achieves to volumize the lashes, but using a curler beforehand is definitely going to improve the end result. Use this and say bye to clumps and hello to separation. Each lash is certainly defined when you use this.
1.4. NARS Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara
The great thing about NARS is that if you would like to define your lashes, but not weigh them down, you totally can! If the natural look works for you (which it does for anyone) and want your lashes to look full yet not saturated in mascara then this is the maccara for you.
1.5. Better Than Sex
This paraben free mascara is inspired by the hourglass shape of a woman’s body. The stiff bristles enhance its performance, which create a beautiful multidimensionality no one can resist. With two coats layered on you will have deep dark lashes in no time.
1.6. Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow definitely provides quite the show. If you seek plush glam lashes then this mascara is right for you! Have the look of a Dior runway model with this creamy buildable base. People will even ask if you have false lashes! There is no room for clumping or smudging here, so celebrate the drama and go big with Diorshow!
1.7. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Two Tone Eye Opening Mascara
It’s all about contrasting lashes to really achieve a wide-eyed look! The two distinct brushes come in contrasting shades, rich black, blue brown or plum. One end of the tube has a large brush to lengthen and smoothen the voluminous look of your lashes. The double brush and black and brown make for a wide-eyed appearance.
1.8. Lancome Définicils
If you’re about the defined, shaped lashes that are enhanced and separated Définicils may be your new best friend. Each lash becomes patented from base to tip and unquestionable lengthens!
1.9. Tom Ford Ultra Length Mascara
This mascara is meant to withstand humudity and high temperatures while covering your lashes in a super black coat. It will stay put for hours on end and make for noticeably fuller, sillhouette.
1.10. Mac False Lash Mascara
For those of us who love to glam it up and have fake looking, yet very real lashes, this is a one way ticket just for you. Volume and curl are really amplified and make for dramatic eyes with the help of this false lash mascara.
Beauty Basics: How to Apply False Lashes
1. Before you do anything else, measure the length of the lash to make sure it fits your eye shape. If the strip needs to be cut to fit, snip the outer edge completely off with small nail scissors. This will avoid drooping at the corner (meaning: no more lashes poking your eyeball).
2. Take both edges of the lash and bend inward to create a “C” shape, and hold for a couple of seconds.seconds. That’s the best way to take out the straightness and ensure it molds to our curved eye shape and stays put without the corners lifting up. Just this alone will make the rest of the process effortless.
3. Apply a high-quality glue such as DUO Eyelash Adhesive for lasting results (Brascia suggests avoiding the glue that comes with your lashes). If you have a steady hand, you can squeeze straight from the tube onto the strip. Tend to get shaky? An easy trick: put glue on the reverse (handle) end of a tweezer and glide it across the strip, as pictured. Be generous at both the inner and outer corners so the glue won’t unstick when you blink.
4. Wait ten seconds or so for the glue to become more tactile and sticky (you can also blow on the glue or wave it gently in the air) before placing the lash. This is the best way to keep the strip from slipping around while you’re trying to line it up properly.
5. Aim for the base of your natural lash line, right on top of your real lashes, not touching the eyelid at all. The glue dries clear, so don’t worry if a little gets on your skin.
6. Once you’ve placed both lashes, you can do your mascara; this will help integrate the natural lashes with the false ones.
7. If you see a gap showing on the eyelid between your real lashes and falsies, don’t worry! You don’t have to pull it off and start again, says Brascia. Just fill in the gap, using a matte black eye shadow as a liner to hide it. This step will also help the glue dry more quickly. Removal Tips: Always remove false lashes before taking off rest of your eye makeup. First pre-soften the glue with a cotton swab that’s been soaked in an oily makeup remover, like rms beauty Raw Coconut Cream. Dab the swab along the lash line to loosen the glue and break down its stickiness. With your eye open, take hold of the lash at tip of the outer corner.