Dry skin is extremely common and protecting it from dehydration is very important for its health and appearance! There are lots of natural organic oils to nourish your dry derma, but pay extra attention to the following: Carrier oils for dry skin:
– Cucumber oil – one of the best soothing, hydrating and nourishing oils. It is suitable for dry, combined, mature and problematic skin. It is excellent for after-sun treatments and healing sunburns. The oil rejuvenates and improves the skin’s elasticity and vitality.
– Black cumin oil – this oil is perfect for dry, dehydrated, and mature skin. It nourishes, hydrates, and fights inflammations, wrinkles, and scars.
– Shea butter – this natural product is well-know, but it bears repeating because of its enormous value. Shea butter is suitable for all skin types, but because of its saturated fatty acids, it is best applied to dry, dehydrated, mature, or sensitive derma. It even can be used to hydrate and sooth the young and gentle skin of babies and small children. (Keep in mind that the butter has to be high quality!) This cold pressed oil is perfect for treating skin inflammations, stretchmarks, and wrinkles. It keeps the skin nourished, young, vital, and smooth! Essential oils for dry skin:
– Jasmine oil – this aromatic essential oil is excellent for every skin type, but it is especially valuable for dry and mature skin. It regenerates the derma and improves its elasticity. Jasmine essential oil is a natural aphrodisiac.
– Chamomile – it has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antispasmodic properties.The oil improves the skin’s elasticity, fights cellulite, and boosts the natural immunity.
– Patchouli – this is a fantastic essential oil for the skin and scalp! Patchouli essential oil regenerates, tones, and tightens the derma. It can be used for all kinds of anti-cellulite and anti-wrinkle treatments. If your skin is problematic (with acne, scars, dermatitis, eczemas, etc.), Patchouli will help you recover your skin.
– Sandal wood – it is a perfect oil for dry, dehydrated skin with wrinkles or acne. It tightens the derma and soothes it from all kinds of irritations and inflammations.
Face Mask for Dry Skin 1
1 Tbsp. Beer yeast 1 Tbsp. Honey Instructions: Mix the ingredients and put the mixture on the face. In 15 minutes wash it off with water.
Face Mask for Dry Skin 2
1 Tbsp. Beer yeast 3 Tbsps. Yogurt 1 Egg yolk Some Lemon juice Instructions: Mix the ingredients well. If the mask is too runny, adjust the quantities accordingly. Put it on the face and wait for 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Face Mask for Dry Skin 3
1 Tbsp. Beer yeast 1 Tbsp. Honey 1 Egg yolk Instructions: Again, mix the ingredients and blend them well. Let the mask nourish the skin for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
Clay Mask for Dry Skin 1
Ingredients: 1 Egg yolk 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp. Vitamin A 1 tsp. Honey 1/2 tsp. Clay Instructions: Beat the egg yolk with a hand blender until it thickens (with a mayonnaise consistency). Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Apply on the face and leave it to work for about 10 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
Clay Mask for Dry Skin 2
1 Apple 1 tsp. Sour cream 1 tsp. Clay Instructions: Peel the apple and remove the seeds. Mince it in a blender or a kitchen chopper. Add the remaining ingredients and apply on the skin. Wait for 20 minutes and wash off.
Clay Mask for Dry Skin 3
2 Tbsps. Yogurt 1 Egg yolk 1 tsp. Cucumber juice A small piece of Fresh bread yeast 1 tsp. Clay Instructions: Mix well all ingredients until they are fully blended. Apply on the face and neck, leave for 15 minutes, and wash off.
Nourishing Oil for Combined Skin
3 tsps. Jojoba oil 4 tsps. Hazelnut oil 3 drops Ylang-ylang essential oil 3 drops Lavender essential oil Instructions: Mix the ingredients well in a glass container with a lid. Apply twice a day. Clean the skin with some rose/lavender floral water beforehand.
Nourishing Oil Blend for Dry Skin 1
1 1/2 Tbsp. Tamanu oil 1 Tbsp. Rosehip oil 1 Tbsp. Calendula infused oil 8 drops Lavender essential oil 6 drops Neroli essential oil 6 drops Frankincense essential oil Instructions: Simply mix the oils in a dark glass jar with a tight lid. Stir well and the nourishing oil blend is ready! Store in a dark and cool place and shake well before each use.
Nourishing Oil Blend for Dry Skin 2
1 1/2 Tbsp. Baobab oil 2 tsps. Rosehip oil 2 tsps. Hemp oil 2 tsps. Camellia oil 5 drops Rose essential oil 5 drops Sandal wood essential oil Instructions: The preparation of the oil blend is the same as the previous one. Just mix the oils in a dark glass jar and stir well.
Nourishing Oil Blend for Dry Skin 3
1 1/2 Tbsp. Cucumber oil 1 1/2 Tbsp. Plum oil 2 tsps. Black cumin oil 5 drops Lavender essential oil 5 drops Rose essential oil Instructions: The preparation of the oil blend is the same as the previous recipes.
Hydrating Serum for Dry Skin
Ingredients: 2 tsps. Avocado oil 1 1/2 Tbsp. White thorn oil 5 drops Frankincense essential oil Instructions: Mix the ingredients in small glass bottle and shake well. Apply on the clean face and neck skin while gently massaging. Shake well before each use and store in a dark and cool place tightly sealed.
Potent Regenerating Oil Blend for Dry and Dehydrated Skin
Ingredients: 2 Tbsps. Argan oil 1 Tbsp. Rosehip oil 1 tsp. Jojoba oil 4 drops Lavender essential oil 3 drops Geranium Bourbon essential oil 3 drops Frankincense essential oil Instructions: The preparation of the oil blend is the same as the previous recipes. Note: All the oil blend recipes can be transformed into crèmes and lotions. If you prefer this option just follow these instructions: First, warm the carrier oils in the double boiler.
Second, when the oils are fully melted and blended add some vegetable emulsifier. For about 5 Tbsps. carrier oil, add 1 Tbsp. emulsifier. Stir until the ingredients are fully melted and blended. Third, slowly add equal quantity distilled water or flower water (Rose, Lavender, Neroli, etc.), and continue stirring. For best results and for the process to be seamless, warm the water to the same temperature as the oils. Finally, take the mixture off the heat and continue stirring. Now add the essential oils and blend the ingredients one last time. Pour the mixture in the desired container and store in the appropriate place.
Hydrating Face Butter
2 1/2 Tbsps. Shea butter2 tsps. Plum oil 1 tsp. Jojoba oil Instructions: Blend the ingredients in a dark glass container with a tight lid. If the shea butter is too hard, soften it slightly in a double boiler. Or simply dip the shea butter jar in some hot water.
Nourishing Face Crème for Dry Skin
1 Tbsp. Cocoa butter 1 tsp. Lanolin 1 tsp. Beeswax 2 Tbsps. Shea butter 3 Tbsps. Rose water A few drops Essential oil of choice (except from citruses) Instructions: Place the cocoa butter, the lanolin, beeswax,and the shea butter in a double boiler and melt them. Next, add the rose water and stir well. When the ingredients are fully blended, take it off the heat. After the mixture cools off a little bit, add the essential oil and stir well. Store in a glass jar in the fridge. Apply on clean skin.
Easy Face Crème for Dry Skin
4 tsps. Wheat germ oil 2 tsps. Coconut butter 1 1/2 tsp. Vegetable emulsifier 4 Tbsps. Distilled water 20 drops Grapefruit seed essential oil 4 drops Vitamin E oil Instructions: Mix the wheat germ oil, the coconut butter and the emulsifier in a double boiler. Melt them completely. Add the distilled water and stir well. When the cream is fully blended, take it off the heat. Add the essential oil and the vitamin E oil and stir again. Store in a glass jar with a lid in the fridge for up to 3 months.
Nourishing Night Crème for Dry Skin
1 Tbsp. Cocoa butter 1 tsp. Jojoba oil 3 Tbsps. Extra virgin olive oil A few drops Sandal wood essential oil Instructions: Melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler. Add the jojoba oil and the olive oil. Stir well to blend the ingredients well.
Take the mixture off the heat, let it cool off a bit, and add the essential oil. Stir well again and pour the crème in a glass jar with a tight lid. Store in a dark and cool place.
Mature Skin – Anti-Aging and Rejuvenating Masks, Oils, Treatments, and Crèmes
Treating the mature skin with natural oils and products is essential for keeping its elasticity, vitality; to prolong its youthfulness and to protect it from the free radicals. Every carrier and essential oil is beneficial to the mature skin in one way or another, but pay extra attention to the following ones: Carrier oils for mature skin:
– Argan oil – this carrier oil is excellent for normal, dry and mature skin. It smooths the skin from wrinkles and scars. It can also be used in the gentle under-eye area as a regeneration tool.
– Baobab oil – this oil is excellent for mature, dry, and dehydrated skin. It is quickly absorbed in the derma and does not leave any excess grease.
– Plum oil – cold pressed Plum oil is excellent for hydrating and nourishing dry and mature skin. It is quickly absorbed without leaving any excess grease on the derma. The oil is rich in anti-oxidants, Vitamin E, oleic and linoleic acids. This makes it perfect for your homemade face skin care products – to preserve your youthful and vibrant look for longer! Essential oils for mature skin:
– Myrrh – it hydrates, soothes, rejuvenates, and nourishes the dry, mature, rough, and chapped skin. The oil has acute anti-sceptic and anti-fungal properties.
– Frankincense – this essential oil is both valuable for mature dry skin and young problematic derma types. It regenerates the cells and it can be used in anti-aging, anti-stretchmark, and scar treatments.
– Ylang-ylang – this soothing aphrodisiac works wonders for every skin. It is perfect for relaxation, refreshment, deodorizing, and strengthening the hair and nails.
– Neroli – it perfectly hydrates the dry and mature skin, fights wrinkles and broken blood vessels. The essential oil is excellent for soothing the nervous system and stimulating the female reproductive organs.
– Rosewood – it energizes, tones, brightens, detoxes the skin and improves its elasticity.